Pre Service Teacher Education (PSTE)
To prepare quality elementary school teachers for the future is the prime aim of PSTE in DIET. It serves as a model for the other elementary teacher education centres in the district.
Functions of PSTE
- The organisation of Pre-service Teacher Education for Elementary Teachers
- Promotion of child-centred education, Preparation of Aids and Action Research
- Providing Guidance and monitoring Service in Schools and ITE Centres
- Learning and Remedial instruction for first-generation learners
- Provide inputs to other branches at' DIET
- Maintenance of Lab. Resource room. supporting curricular activities in areas specified in the school curriculum.
- Promotion of co-curricular activities in schools like yoga, physical education activities, science fairs,